Wednesday, November 4, 2009

historical focus

My main focus will be the representation of women in the women’s movement. I will be touching upon topics such as equal pay, voting rights, women in the workplace, and women’s role during the world wars. I will be discussing the equal pay act of 1970, the nineteenth amendment and how it came to be, how equal opportunity came to be in the workplace and Rosie the riveter. I will place these events in a time line so it’s easier to follow. Once I am done talking about the historical context, I will analyze the roles of women in present time and make connections with the past. So far the information that I have gathered is completely web based, but I will be going in to the library to pick out documentaries. I am sure that the documentaries will give me information that will help my research.


Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment