Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Survey/Interview proposal

We already kind of talked about what I wanna do with my surveys and questionaires, but i'll write it here too so it has the overall effect. For the surveys I plan to have them with 10-15 basic questions that are easy to answer and quick in nature. They'll make it easier to track quantitative research and make up our stats for our project. I'll be sending them out via email, the survey website, and any and all social media I can find.

For the interviews I plan to have only 5-8 open ended questions that help me get to know the real perspective of the people. I'll make them easy to engage the speaker into conversation to form some really good qualitative research. I plan to interview three different groups of people, including grandparents, parents, and peers to get a full spectrum of opinions.

I also plan to do some work on facebook by sending out images and videos and seeing the reaction. I'll post on image of big celebrity women and see what the reaction and comments are. Maybe even send out a picture of Britney Spears next to Marilyn Monroe and ask people what the difference is. I'll also be sending out videos from TMZ and celebrity gossip sites and seeing how people react to those as well.

Overall I feel these three avenues will help me get a good grasp on the public perspective on how the representation of women has changed and hopefully I'll be able to draw some really good conclusions!


-Ashley Loera

Survey Questions
1. Male/Female
2. Age
3.Do you watch TMZ?
4.Do you listen to KISS FM and AMP Radio?
5. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being alot, how much do you follow celebrity gossip?
6. Do you think the media focuses on too much personal information when it comes to celebrities?
7. Who's the sexiest woman in Hollywood right now?
8. Do you like the way the models looks in Victoria Secret catalogs?
9. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the most, how desirable do you find women in rap videos?
10. What's the sexiest thing about a woman's body?
11. Do you feel that women now have an equal opportunity to receive the same salary as a man?
12. Do you think men and women are equal? 

Interview questions
1. How do you think women are portrayed now through our mass media?
2. Do you think it's different from how they were portrayed in the 50's and 70's?
3. Do you think our society is obsessed with a woman's image of sex appeal? Why or why not?
4. The words "bitch" and "hoe" are big in rap songs. Why do you think women accept these songs with no offense taken?
5. Do you believe men and women are truly equal in every aspect? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment